Disclaimer

Trey was born on June 24, 2011 and was diagnosed with ALCAPA, a very rare congenital heart defect, on September 12, 2011. This is the story of our journey.
Please feel free to email me (Randi) if you have any questions or comments: treyheart@gmail.com
Please excuse any misspellings or grammatical mistakes. I'm usually writing from the hospital on my netbook while my mind is just running....

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 7 (home, take 2) - Another Good Day

Today was a good day... a slow day, but a good one.  The past two days I have been extremely exhausted.  Today I slept in and took a nap with Trey.  I also have a bit of a sore throat.  I really hope that I am not coming down with something because that would be awful.  Hopefully catching up on sleep and relaxing will help.  I actually got to bed last night before 12:30 am!

Last night we started with the soy.  He did throw up this morning at about 7 am but it was a much smaller amount than normal and it wasn't as traumatic as it normally is.  I stopped the overnight feed early, at about 485 mL instead of 600, but I added in an extra feed at 9:30 this morning to make up for it.  I think that's what I'm going to try tonight... 480 mL at a rate of 55 mL/hour instead of 600 mL at the same rate.  The overnight feed should stop at about 6 ish in the morning and then I will add another feed in at 9 am.

Tomorrow we are going to go for a blood test to test the levels of his Digoxin.  The Gastro. Dr was curious to know what they are because that can cause nausea.  I am also having my thyroid levels checked because I've been exhausted and my hair has been falling out a lot.  Granted, I've been through a lot the past few months and I've also had a lot of hormonal stuff going on by having a baby but might as well get it checked since that too can be changed by pregnancy.  The home nurse is also coming and hopefully Trey has maintained his weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment