Trey was born on June 24, 2011 and was diagnosed with ALCAPA, a very rare congenital heart defect, on September 12, 2011. This is the story of our journey.
Please feel free to email me (Randi) if you have any questions or comments: treyheart@gmail.com
Please excuse any misspellings or grammatical mistakes. I'm usually writing from the hospital on my netbook while my mind is just running....

Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 10 Post MGH / 23 Post Inova - Last Day of Methadone!!

Well, Day 2 of Trey not waking up retching up his overnight feed.  Yay!  If you count the day before that, which was just a very moderate amount, it would be 3 good mornings!  I wish that had continued throughout the rest of the day though.  He did have an incident after his 9 am feed and during his 6 pm feed... again though, small amounts.  Definitely doable.  When I say small though I mean, yes, he soaked himself and needed to be changed but at least he didn't soak himself and everything around him!

Yesterday was his last day of Clindamycin (the antibiotic for the possible pneumonia).  Today was the last day of his Methadone.  Tomorrow is his first day without Methadone... it will be yet another milestone in his recovery.  Wow, and I just realized that if I move his Valium dose from noon to 10 am tomorrow we will only have to give medication 2 times tomorrow!  Granted, during those 2 times he will get 4 medications... but only 2 times!!  Wow!  For the past 22 days I have been constantly thinking what comes next... is it time for the next medication, what kind is is it (sedative vs. heart medication vs. antibiotic), specifically...which medication is it.  For a long time we were giving medication 7 times a day at various intervals.  I can't believe it could be down to TWO times tomorrow!  Goodness, the things that excite me now.

I spent the day out of the house most of the day.  David took off work so I could go to the memorial service for my friends husband.  It was a great service.  I went with the group of gals from my Moments 4 Moms group from church.  Afterwards we all went to lunch.  It was a nice but draining day.  Then Cole and I ran some errands when I got home.  So Trey spent more time with Daddy than with me today.

In other news... Trey found his feet this morning...

Whoa... those are part of me?!

1 comment:

  1. He's so cute looking at his feet :-) yay for meds only 2x a day!