Disclaimer

Trey was born on June 24, 2011 and was diagnosed with ALCAPA, a very rare congenital heart defect, on September 12, 2011. This is the story of our journey.
Please feel free to email me (Randi) if you have any questions or comments: treyheart@gmail.com
Please excuse any misspellings or grammatical mistakes. I'm usually writing from the hospital on my netbook while my mind is just running....

Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 13 Post MGH / 26 Post Inova - Narcotic Free!

Trey received no narcotics today!  Granted, the drugs are still in his system and will be for awhile.  Both Methadone and Valium have a long life, they can be detected in the body for weeks after taking the last dose, but he no longer is receiving any doses of them!  There is the possibility that in the next few days his body will realize he's not getting them and he could still have some withdrawal symptoms but he came down them so slowly and gradually that I'm hoping that is not the case.  He did very well today and had no incidents of throwing up.

Today is also the first day that I have had both Cole and Trey for the entire day together.  We did pretty well I think.  It's hard to get out of the house though because of Trey's feeds.  They take awhile.  First I have to bottle feed or nurse and then whatever he doesn't take I tube.  The process takes about an hour and a half.  We did have an outing to the grocery store today but it didn't go how I wanted it to.  I had wanted to go in the morning but the morning then became 2:30 pm before I knew it.  The actual trip went fine... it was getting there that was a bit tricky!  We did it though and I got all the ingredients I needed to make the gravy for Thanksgiving.  Tonight I cooked the gravy and it is now in the refrigerator waiting for the fat to rise.  Tomorrow I will skim the fat off, finish the gravy and put it in the freezer to store for Thanksgiving!  We are still going to have our big family Thanksgiving here at our house, this year we'll have 13 people plus the kids.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday... I love preparing for it!

Tomorrow the home nurse will be here in the morning and hopefully we'll have another weight gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment