Disclaimer

Trey was born on June 24, 2011 and was diagnosed with ALCAPA, a very rare congenital heart defect, on September 12, 2011. This is the story of our journey.
Please feel free to email me (Randi) if you have any questions or comments: treyheart@gmail.com
Please excuse any misspellings or grammatical mistakes. I'm usually writing from the hospital on my netbook while my mind is just running....

Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 5 & 6 (home, take 2) - Trey's 1st Halloween!

Yesterday Trey started throwing up before and after his feedings.  That's new.  I went up to my parents to drop the older boys at my parents and to go shopping for the necessities... nothing too fun.  I also went to my favorite antique store which was really nice.  It was a nice break.  I love my favorite antique store!  I bought an awesome large wooden grasshopper.  But that's off topic...

Trey had awful feedings with David yesterday.  Today he did better - he didn't throw up at all but he screamed and cried whenever I fed him.  Enough that made me worried so I called the Gastro Dr.  They changed his formula to Soy and we're going to see how that goes.

I'm pretty exhausted today.  I didn't fall asleep last night until about 4 am.  Oh yeah.... totally forgot about the throw up last night.  That one was fun.  At 3 am I brought Trey upstairs and while I was halfway up the stairs he threw up all over me.  That was new too.  Usually he just throws up after his feeding but now it's just random whenever you move him.  By the time we got him cleaned up (and me!) it was about 3:30.  I also had to fix his tube because it had wiggled out under the tape.  We taped him up, put new clothes on him and went to bed.  I of course was overtired by that time and couldn't sleep.  I just laid there and listened to him sleep.  I finally fell asleep sometime around 4 am or so.

This afternoon the boys came home and this evening we went over to our neighbors house for dinner and a Halloween party.  They had fun and then we went out for Trick or Treating!  Bryce was Super Mario, Cole was Luigi and Trey was a mushroom.  They were adorable!  All the boys had a great Halloween and we were thrilled to have Trey home for his 1st Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment