Disclaimer

Trey was born on June 24, 2011 and was diagnosed with ALCAPA, a very rare congenital heart defect, on September 12, 2011. This is the story of our journey.
Please feel free to email me (Randi) if you have any questions or comments: treyheart@gmail.com
Please excuse any misspellings or grammatical mistakes. I'm usually writing from the hospital on my netbook while my mind is just running....

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 20 - Scar

I ended up staying at the hospital late again tonight.  The PICU gets so peaceful at night and very calming.  Trey slept most of the day today and the nurse explained it is most likely from the morphine and methadone.  She explained that he was awake the other day because it most likely hadn't caught up with him quite yet... yesterday and today it had and that is why he has been pretty sleepy.  So, not a bad thing that he's quite drowsy.

My brother came up to visit today.  Trey had been wearing his gown all day so I moved it out of the way to show him the incision spot.  Apparently they removed the steri-strips from the incision site.  It's healed very nicely.  It's amazing how good it looks!

 Trey and his "war wound"... 
he's really been trying to get that nasal cannula and feeding tube out of his nose!


Trey and Uncle Mike, my brother


No comments:

Post a Comment