Disclaimer

Trey was born on June 24, 2011 and was diagnosed with ALCAPA, a very rare congenital heart defect, on September 12, 2011. This is the story of our journey.
Please feel free to email me (Randi) if you have any questions or comments: treyheart@gmail.com
Please excuse any misspellings or grammatical mistakes. I'm usually writing from the hospital on my netbook while my mind is just running....

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Please Pray...

I went shopping for all of our "necessities" today and got home very late to some terrible news.  I don't have it in me right now to write an update on Trey.  I feel as though I have just had way too much laid on my heart in such a short period of time and it literally hurts.  A friend of mine in Christ that I can truly say "she amazes me" lost her husband yesterday in Afghanistan.  She is in my small group and have met with her every Wednesday until September 12 of this year for I can't remember how long... 18 months or so?  Her husband was deployed a little after Trey had his surgery.  Even though this entire thing with Trey has taken over much of my mind, she was always thought of.  I remember thinking, goodness... this is what it must feel like for her... not knowing if your child (in her case, her husband) was going to come back to you alright or not.  My heart breaks for her.

So, I will write an update on Trey tomorrow... but please, pray for my friend August tonight.  She has 2 young boys.

"The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, 'The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!'   The LORD is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the LORD.  For the Lord does not abandon anyone forever. Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion according to the greatness of his unfailing love."
Lamentations 3:22-26; 31-32

Please take a moment to pray:

Dear Lord,
Please help August in this time of loss and overwhelming grief. I don't understand why her life is filled with this pain and heartache. Her heart has to be crushed right now, but I know that you will not abandon her. Please show her your compassion, Lord. Help her through the pain so that she will have hope in you. I believe this promise in your Word to send her fresh mercy each day.  I trust your great love will never fail her.  In your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment