Disclaimer

Trey was born on June 24, 2011 and was diagnosed with ALCAPA, a very rare congenital heart defect, on September 12, 2011. This is the story of our journey.
Please feel free to email me (Randi) if you have any questions or comments: treyheart@gmail.com
Please excuse any misspellings or grammatical mistakes. I'm usually writing from the hospital on my netbook while my mind is just running....

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 83 of the Feeding Tube - Merry Christmas!

Wow, again... a busy, busy week!  The tube has stayed in all week at nights.  Still only drinking on average about 90 mL a feeding.


I wanted to write tonight to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!  I was talking to David this morning and realized that this has been a LONG year so far.  Last Christmas we were just barely pregnant - I was about 2 months along - and this Christmas we have a 6 month old that has already been hospitalized 3 times (4 if you count when he was born!), has had major open heart surgery, was on ECMO for 7 days, an open chest for 10 days, went through a major drug withdrawal and I've now inserted a feeding tube countless times.  I would have never, ever even imagined we'd go through ANY of this this year.  I look back to last Christmas and it seems ages ago.

We went to Christmas Eve services at my father's church (he's a minister) this evening and it was so nice to have Trey out.  It's the first time he has gone to the church I grew up in.  Heck, it's the first time he's gone to church at all!  I just held him the entire time and it was so nice.  He behaved so well and just played with the little reindeer on his feet the entire time.  We are SO blessed that he is able to spend Christmas with us this year.  I am very looking forward to tomorrow to spend a wonderful Christmas with all 3 of my boys and my husband. 

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Merry christmas my friend . . . Thank you your sweet comments - It means so much to me!!

    ReplyDelete